I love taking my little family on adventures. What I don’t love is cleaning up afterwards. Particularly the car! Cleaning the car out after a day at the beach is a particularly painful prospect. No matter how much we try to leave the sand at the beach, a huge amount always ends up in our car and then ingrained in the carpet back home.
I’m very thankful right now to Dyson for their new V6 Absolute cordless vacuum, which is taking the pain out of cleaning up after our little adventures. The Dyson lives in our apartment but, as it’s cordless, it’s able to be taken easily outside to clean up the mess our adventure has left behind.
The Dyson V6 Absolute comes with an array of heads to cleaning various surfaces. It’s called the “Absolute” because it contains all the attachments and all the extra features. For the car, I use the long pointed nozzle attached directly to the base, which lets me get into all the nooks that Cheese drops food into, as well as suctioning up big piles of sand.
Inside the home, the Dyson has a long stick attachment which makes vacuuming the floor less of a backache than using a regular handheld (in a tiny apartment like ours, we are all about the handheld vacuum cleaners!).
Additional heads for hard floors and carpets ensures that dirt is being effectively removed. The soft roller cleaner head removes large debris and fine dust, particularly good for hard surfaces, while the direct drive cleaner head is perfect for carpets – it has 75% more brush bar power than the popular Dyson v6 Animal vacuum.
I was amazed by the amount of dirt that the vacuum sucked up off carpet that looked like it was clean. The motor is seriously impressive. It was also so light and easy to use that Cheese, who just turned four, was able to operate it. Win! The kid can finally vacuum!
What I liked about the vacuum:
- Lightweight, easy to assemble
- Low power consumption means the battery lasts about 20 minutes. In “boost” mode (extra power) it last for 6 minutes.
- Charges fully in about four hours.
- It’s compact – perfect for apartments. The wall-mounted docking station means it can be stored in small spaces.
- Anyone can use the vacuum – even kids! It’s so easy and light, so no excuses to get out of cleaning.
- Cleans hard surfaces as well as carpets.
- Dust bin is easy to empty without getting dirt all over you and the floor. Simple “push-the-button” system.
- Powerful suction – really gets all the dirt and dust out.
- The V Ball Technology – The heads have swivel steering.
- The post-motor filter expels exceptionally clean air.
- Cleans from the floor to the ceiling.
- Converts to a handheld.
- The Dyson docking station stores and charges the machine.
- 2 year warranty.
- Easy to use trigger grip that releases instantly, so battery power is only used for cleaning.
There was very little I did not like about it. It’s a really fantastic vacuum.
- No “low power” warning before the vacuum shuts down.
- The dust bin is a bit on the small side at 0.105 gallons.
What you get in the box:
- 2 vacuum heads (the direct-drive head and the soft roller)
- Crevice tool
- Combination tool
- Mini soft dusting brush
- Wall-mounted charging dock
The Dyson V6 Absolute retails for $899.
Thanks to Dyson for sending me a Dyson V6 Absolute for reviewing purposes. All opinions and dirty car my own.