- A lot more chatty this month, making new sounds like “dada” and “baba”.
- Finer motor control. Able to touch things more gently rather than bashing things, like our faces!
- Banging objects together.
- Loves picking up objects and examining them, particularly pulling them out of her toy box.
- Reaching to be picked up.
- Showing a preference for Alec or myself, but generally really social and loves meeting new people.
- Staying awake for longer periods during the day – up to 3 hours, sometimes longer.
- Putting more weight on her legs.
- Eloise is just so happy all the time! She’s just such a delight to be around all day now. She enjoys being outside and looking at people, and is pretty much a smiling, laughing little lady all day.
- Eloise’s two bottom teeth came in this month. We had a super rough few weeks where she screamed and wouldn’t sleep, refused solids and didn’t want to nurse. One night she finally slept, and in the morning, there they were!
- First swing this month! The weather warmed up and we started spending time in the parks.
Eloise moved onto a feeding schedule – nursing 4 times a day (6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm) with 3 meals of solids in between. She loves yoghurt and fruit the most, but will also eat things like lentils and brown rice with vegetables, and with a bit of curry powder mixed in.
- Comes and goes. Bad nights of screaming, followed by nights where she will wake, feed and go back to sleep. A few nights with only one wake up.
- We finally were able to move Eloise into her crib. We put in a wedge to prop up the end, and put in a vibrating unit under the mattress to simulate the bouncer. A few weeks of this and we took out the wedge and vibrating unit and she finally sleeps in a flat, normal crib.
- Major breakthrough with sleep during the day – Eloise now puts herself to sleep. When she shows tired signs, we put her in the crib and she goes to sleep by herself. So great.
- Likes to sleep on her side!